Saturday 28 September 2019

Budapest — Fény Street Market

Since I had the run of Budapest with my multi-day transport ticket, I didn't have to worry about the cost of zipping to any destination that took my fancy. I had been advised to look out for lángos which is deep fried dough, a popular street food. The shop that online guides recommended, Lángos Land, was in Fény Street Market, near Széll Kálman Tér. It's in the top left corner and its signs are all over the market.
It's very popular and there was a short queue.
This what I got. Many people have it with sour cream or cheese, but I opted for one with garlic. I can still feel the bite of the fresh garlic.
Fény is a general produce market. There are stalls with home produced goods.
A connecting passage takes one to the Mammut (Mammoth) shopping centre which has a supermarket on the ground floor where I bought a few things, such as bottled drink, pastries and snacks. I was to come back later to eat at the food court on the top floor.

To be continued after digesting lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment