Saturday 21 September 2019

Olomouc 1 — old city continued

After the markets, I wandered towards an attractive looking park I spotted, Bezručovy sady. This apparently is a green space outside of the old city walls.
Flower bed.
An attractive specimen.
The old walls with what seemed to be stairs to re-enter the city.
And so it was. I found myself in the vicinity of the Church of Saint Michael.
I walked past the church and passed Kaple svatého Jana Sarkandra.
Down some cobbled streets towards the tram tracks and there was the Olomouc Museum of Art.
Opposite is the Church of Our Lady of the Snows.
The History museum in Olomouc.
A used record and book shop around the corner from there. I thumbed through part of the collection hoping I could find a CD or something as a memento of Czechia, but nothing appealed to me.
Going past Mercatino would have taken me to a busy road that seemed to be the boundary of the old city, so I turned around and doubled back past the museum and church along the tram tracks. There were many attractive shops in this part of town.
Tempting cafe.
Tram comes along.
An open-air art installation.
We are back in the Upper Square but approaching from a different direction. So I had come full circle.
This is the City Hall but it was under renovation which is why I didn't see the astronomical clock.
I had spotted this amusing advice at Café La Fée in passing, so I doubled back to be a customer.
Caffeine, chocolate, and sugar hit.

A gap of a few hours to the next photo indicated that I must have gone back to the hotel for a rest before having a late lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment